Emergency Procedures– involving closure of the school.
This Emergency Procedure is designed to cover closure of the school for any of the following reasons:
- Severe weather conditions preventing staff and pupils from getting to school safely, e.g. overnight snow.
- Emergency conditions occurring overnight but unknown to parents e.g. power or heating failures.
- Emergency conditions arising during the day.
Our procedures are as follows:
- If the school is closed prior to 8.50am the Head teacher will confirm the closure by submitting details to the Local Authority. This triggers an e-mail alert to the relevant radio stations, Mix 96 and BBC Three Counties Radio.
- Information will be posted on the school’s website and the Bucks County Council website.
- An information board will be placed at the school entrance.
- Any unaccompanied children arriving at school will be supervised until parents can be informed.
- The caretaker, governor or member of staff living nearest the school will be on the premises prior to the start of school (or as soon as possible thereafter).
- If the school has to be closed during the school day, the Head teacher or Bursar will telephone each parent at home or at work. All children will remain on the premises (if safe to do so) until collected by a parent/guardian or named adult.
- If the school is deemed unsafe the children will be evacuated to the Village Hall in Maids Moreton.
Children remain the responsibility of the school until parents take over their responsibility.