Emergency Procedures– involving closure of the school.
This Emergency Procedure is designed to cover closure of the school for any of the following reasons:
- Severe weather conditions preventing staff and pupils from getting to or from school safely, e.g. snow.
- Emergency conditions occurring overnight but unknown to parents e.g. power or heating failures.
- Emergency conditions arising during the day.
Our procedures are as follows:
- If the school is closed prior to 8.50am the Head teacher will confirm the closure by submitting details to the Local Authority. This triggers an e-mail alert to the relevant radio stations, Mix 96 and BBC Three Counties Radio.
- Parents will receive an emergency text message from the school via Parentmail.
- Information will be posted on the school’s website and the Bucks County Council website.
- If the school has to be closed during the school day, the school will contact every parent via the Parentmail texting facility or by telephone. All children will remain on the premises (if safe to do so) until collected by a parent/guardian or named adult.
- If the school is deemed unsafe, the children will be evacuated to the church in Maids Moreton.
Children remain the responsibility of the school until parents take over their responsibility.