This is a guide to the home learning activities in each year group. We very much value your support in assisting your child in carrying out their homework tasks.
- Reading books will be changed by the Reception teachers twice weekly on a Monday and Friday, and sent home with the children. Please return book bags daily.
- Home/school link books allow regular dialogue between the EYFS teachers and parents to share children’s news and achievements.
- Number games, high frequency flashcards and fine motor pencil control activities will be sent home according to individual need.
Year 1 and 2
- Children and parents can change reading books flexibly as and when required over the week. We encourage you to assist your child in this process first thing in the morning. Children are free to select 2 books of their choice from the correct colour level box in the classrooms. Children should practise their reading daily at home. Please return book bags daily.
- Spellings lists are sent home on a weekly basis with a test the following week
- A written homework task of approximately 20 minutes in duration is set each week.
- A library book of the child's choice will be brought home every week.
A termly information sheet, produced for each year group, advises parents of topics to be covered, enabling you to support your child.
Children may also be given other tasks related to work being carried out in school from time to time, including learning words for productions.
Our homework policy can be viewed by clicking on the attachment below.